Question

Issuing Operation Material

• 1 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, we are using IFS Apps 10 and would like to know if there is a way shop floor operator can manually issue material which is a great quantity then the Qty assigned (reserved)? 

currently it is not possible without changing the required engineered amount on the shop order.

regards

Jaime 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Since it is an error you need to find a workaround,

You can Unreserve the material and Issue the quality needed

Or

You first issue the Reserved quantity and issue the additional quantity. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

For curiosity, why do you reserve the material if it is being manually issued? Wouldn't it be better to skip the reservation and directly issue the actual used quantity. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren 

we auto reserve and backflush all the material on the product structure a part from the welding wire as different operator use slightly different amounts. We reserve the welding wire to keep control of what batch of material to use.

the problem we have is the operator can not close the shop order when there is a discrepancies in assigned material and material issued. How can we get round this problem ?

we want the operator to be able to under or over issue consumable material such as welding wire.

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To allow receiving a shop order with less material than required issued for a material line there are two options:

• Set Reserve/Backflush = Manual on the material line. This will allow receiviong as long as any quantity has been issued. However, you must manually reserve and/or issue the required quantity
  • Receive with Simplified Material Check enabled. This will allow the receipt as long as all material lines are at least in issues status

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren

if we set the reserve/backflush = manual is it possible to restrict the location from were the shop floor operator can issue there material from by inputting a location in the Reserve/issue from loc field on the product structure?

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately not. That setting only applies for auto reservation and auto issue/backflush.

I think it would be a great enhancement for a future releaseto at least by default limit the records visible in the manual reservation/issue page to only the pin pointed location, or inbound locations for the work center.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @jamiewhite ,

Please clarify if the column “Qty Assigned” is a customization?

If so this can be resolved through the customization itself.

Regards,
Dasuni

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Qty Assigned is the same as Qty Reserved. I think it is named Qty Reserved more consistently in later versions

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren 

that would be a beneficial improvement. 

My overall objective is to automate the reserve/ issue functionality which is not a problem for reserving and issuing component parts but becomes a challenge when reserving and issuing consumable materials items such as welding wire, paints and greases while trying to maintain the accurate stock being consumed.

Do you know of any other ways i could achieve this or does the system not support this ?

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When the material requirements are certain it is always easier to make reservation or issue process automatic.

But if you don’t know in advance how much material that is actually needed I believe it is hard to avoid a manual user input to register how much was actually consumed. Most customers I know that are having this type of process do not reserve the material but only report manual issue of the correct stock record and quantity they are picking.