Question

Is it possible to amend Lot Batch No

• 17 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It has just been reported that a lot_batch_no has been e ntered incorrectly for 1 order.   Is is possible to amend the lot_batch_no.

I don’t believe it is possible as material transactions exit but thought I would ask.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@johnw66 Once you receive the lot batch, you cannot amend it. You may need to do a data repair to fix it or use below workaround.

1. Go to Count per inventory part window
  2. Count out the Lot Batch
  3. Count in Correct Lot Batch
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Rasika Lakmal Thank you very much for your advise. 

Can you advise the steps for a data repair?

Thanks

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In order to propose a data repair script, the issue needs to be investigated. If you can create a IFS case, it will be investigated.

Can’t you follow the suggested workaround?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @johnw66 

A data repair would be possible. 

But there are few tables you might need to consider like INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_TAB,  LOT_BATCH_MASTER_TAB etc.

It would be better if you could dispatch an investigation task for IFS consultingfor further investigations in order to look in to the possibility of a Data repair. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Rasika Lakmal Unfortunately,  lot batch no’s were used on a Shipment and the Packing List has been printed.  Count Out/Count In wouldn’t update the Shipment, Picking List etc.,

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can undo the customer order to release status once you create the picklist and then do the count out.

1. Go to Report Picking of Picklist lines window
  2. Set quantity pick as “0”

1. Right click on the line/ Report Picking from the selected location
  2. Then customer order line will be released 
  3. You can Count Out and Count In

Note: I recommend you to do this in your Test environment first before doing it in Production.

But If you still go with the data repair option, please create a IFS case. As you have already proceed the order, it’s required to investigate possibility of data repair. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Maybe you can issue this lot/batch no to a repair shop order and receive it back with another (correct)lot/batch no to stock?