Solved

Inventory Part Original Tracing of Invent Customer Orders

• 28 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi all,

We use the “Inventory Part Original Tracing” window in IEE when we need to trace customer order components back to the suppliers. But if the CO is an Invent order it does not show up. 

Customer order line:

I was expected to find it here, but it is not (I know It originate from 115181):

Anyone know why is it not there and how we then trace invent CO?

icon

Best answer by HoiAnushB 12 February 2021, 17:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Hans Andersen ,

The IFS help page for “Inventory Part Original Tracing” window says as below.

“Use this window to trace the origin of a part. Part origin could be, for example, the arrival of a purchase order, a receipt of a shop order, or even manual receipts. This information is displayed at the first level in the tree structure window. If the part that should be traced is a parent part that uses other components in its product structure, details of the origin of the component part are displayed at the next level in the tree structure. However, this also requires that the part is connected to a purchase order, a shop order, or a production schedule. Otherwise, there will only be one level in the tree structure.”

As it says it won’t include customer orders for this. Seems this is the expected behaviour.

Hope this might help you.

/Anushka

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Anushka B , thanks for your reply.

I am more inclined to thing it is a bug. All the data is in the transaction tables. It is possible to trace it back. Just not in this window. I also find it unlikely, that I am the first one to notice this. So, how do we trace back a customer order (invent) in IEE ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Hans Andersen ,

Anyway you can raise a support case for this and ask how this requirement can be accommodate in the application. 

I think that would be a good idea.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Hans Andersen Thanks for the feedback :relaxed: