Solved

Inventory part barcode report: Label has no description, how to print a picture

• 1 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Community,

we are working with Apps 10 Upd. 11 and want to print a label with Part_no and Description, but on Inventory part barcode label (INVENTORY_PART_BARCODE_REP / InventoryPartBarcodeRep) there is no Part Description.

But on Inventory Part Barcode Analysis it is visible.

Any proposals for a fix without modification?

And does anyone print a simple picture of the part on the labels? In my opinion a great approach to avoid errors.

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards Martina

icon

Best answer by ALHAGMO 20 March 2022, 18:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Martina, for the part description you could define a custom field that is enabled for reports with the description and use that.

The firms using labels I have seen do not print pictures (the labels used are fairly small).

Regards, Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Roel,

thank you for your quick answer.

Frankly I have had the same idea and went to Inventory Part Barcode Analysis.

When I found the description there, I stopped. But maybe I need to add the description additionally as a custom field, in order to have it available in the Report.

But I have also raised a Case. On an Inventory Part Label the description is nothing to customize, it should be standard!

I am curious about the feedback ;-)

Regards Martina

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Martina,

We are using IFS App 10 Update 8 and we used the IFS Report Designer to redesign the inventory part label including adding the part description.  See if you have the IFS Report Designer and IFS Developer Studio applications.   If not you can contact your IFS account manager to see about acquiring them.  You'll be able to customize the built in reports shipped with IFS.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi William, 

thank you for your answer. The field is not available in the Report: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Martina,

In this case you would need to use IFS Developer Studio and update the inventory part barcode report model to include the part description and update the PL/SQL code behind the report so it retrieves and exposes the part description.

Here’s the section where we extract the part description in the P:L/SQL of the report so we can expose it to be included in the report.  The file is named InventoryPartBarcode.rdf

Here’s what our inventory part barcode label model looks like.  The file is named InventoryPartBarcode.report 

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Finally I fixed this by adding the description as custom field.

Resolved in 5 minutes, but in my opinion not the correct solution, should be available in core version.