Solved

Inventory Order

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Everyone,

Im a bit stuck on a certain process so wondered if anyone had come across this before and knows how to resolve it.

I have created a customer order for internal purposes only - the supply code on these order lines is Shop Order as they need to be manufactured.

Once the goods are made I then need to add them to a new customer order and select from Inventory. I have copied the actual order line required into the new order and changed the supply code to Inventory Order however it will not let me manually reserve the items? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by HoiAnushB 10 February 2021, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Charlotte,

When the supply code is “Shop Order”, it will create a Shop order which is connected to the respective Customer order.

Then the parts will be manufactured from the Shop order.

Once the part is manufactured and received in to stock, the shop order will be closed and the manufactured quantity will be fully reserved to the connected customer order.

This is the expected functionality.

If you need to add these parts to a new customer order, first you will first need to remove that reservation. You can cancel the CO for that. If you have already picked the CO, you can do “deliver customer order with differences” and remove the reservation.

Then the parts will be free for reservation for another CO.

Hope this will answer the question.

/Anushka

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you - that's a great help! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@CS260713 It is my pleasure to help you in some way :relaxed: