Question

Inbound/out bond locations ?

• 26 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

Using App’s 10 I am trying to auto receive inventory parts into a predefined line side location ready for assembly once the operator has closed and approved the last operation. 

I have been told the best way to achieve this is by using work centre inbound and out bond location.

can anyone explain how i should use the work centre in and outbound location for the below example?

Example

I have 3 sub assemblies which make up one finished part, all sub assemblies are built in a different work centre but need to go the same line side location so they are available to be used in the top level final assembly. Once the final assembly has been processed in WC4 the finished part is moved to dispatch for delivery.

• does the OUTBOUND location on WC1, WC2 and WC3 need to be the same as the INBOUND location of WC4
  • Will the system try to locate all part which have a last operation in either WC1,WC2 or WC3 to WC4 or can you select individual parts only to be located in WC4.
  • Do you need to change any of the parameters in the product structure? i.e. Product Structure/ Component/ Reserve issue from location

kind regards

Jamie 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In a scenario where you would require or rather restrict the Reserve/Backflush to the location specified as Reserved/Issue from Location in the product structure, the following option needs to be selected.

Refer to the attachment.

• Reserve/Issue from: Only specified.

Another option would be to limit the backflush to only inbound locations connected to the work center. 

• The material must of course be connected to an operation
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Additionally, for work centers WC1, WC2 & WC3 it can be separately manufactured. But for each the above setting could be setup