Question

IFSv10 sales quotation cost distribution

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

In IFSv10, do setup and factor unit “hours” costs distribute based on the quantity quoted or based on the standard lot size from the inventory part or part cost record?  In IFSv7.5, we had issues with it based on the quotation even though we manufacture in a higher lot size.  Is there a way to base all interim cost calculations based on a standard lot size to avoid cost variation for the same part? 

It looks like a new field was added in part cost/part cost details called Standard sales quantity.  How is this used?

Thank you,

John

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Jseamonson I believe that if you use Standard Cost and Cost Per Part you should see no variations for the same product. The Unit Cost will be unique for the same product. In such cases, the unit cost will change only when you perform Cost Calculation → Copy Costs to CostSet One.

Badge +3

@Marcel.Ausan   Thank you for the quick reply.  This must be a change from IFSv7.5 to IFSv10.  It seems to be as you stated in early testing of simple part structures.  We have complex configuration structures that I will need to prove out, so I hope it works.  Thank you again.