Question

How to setup manual triggered control plan

• 18 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 5 replies

We are using control plan for purchasing receipt inspection, there is option to trigger type of manual with help document description like below:

Manual - This is not triggered by any existing value in the system, instead it can be used to create custom defined triggering points and connect them to this trigger type.

Given the above help description, we still don’t know how to and where to create this custom define triggering. Is there further instruction and support document for help? 

Thanks a lot.

Semon

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

The Manual Trigger Type is intended to be used in conjunction with Custom Events which can provide additional functionality and flexibility.

For example, a Custom Event could increase the frequency of the analysis if a previous data point result is out of specification (so it's like a mixture of time interval and non-conforming triggers without using Acceptance Sampling).

As a starting point, the business would need to define exactly what the Custom Event would need to do so that it can be developed.

I hope that this helps.

Badge +3
Hi Richard, thanks for your answer. The custom Events here we talked is Event existing in Events without action details as above screen shot.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

The Events shown in your screen shot are standard events which are normally used to alert a user that a particular event has occurred or a data condition has been met.

In terms of your original question, the Manual trigger type can be used to fire a specific Custom Event which you will need to create in the system first.

This will require some technical knowledge and will be based on what the business requires the custom event to do.  You will need to define these business requirements in the first instance.

I hope that this helps.

Badge +3

Hi Richard,

For example, suppose there is a very simple custom event in IFS,  and following question for me is that how to connect it to manual type? May I request a concrete simple sample of manual trigger configuration? So that I can understand how it works and then configure it based on our business requirements.

Thanks,

Semon

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Semon,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Unfortunately I don’t have an example that I can provide and this work is normally handled by a Technical Resource from IFS, a partner or the customer themselves.

Perhaps there is someone technical reading this thread who can help you with a specific example?

Good Luck.

Badge +3

Hi @Richard Owen ,

I think i made it works by custom events. You can invoke standard package function in custom event code, that function: IFSAPP.Purch_Order_Analysis_API.New( 
          analysis_no_, ctrl_plan_no_, p0_ , p1_ , p2_ , p3_ , p4_ , p5_ , 'N', NULL, p6_ );

Thanks,

Semon.