Question

how to restrict user to issue RM by following FIFO in the shop order.

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How to restrict user to issue RM by following FIFO in the shop order or Material request? User must issue goods from the first lot that means according to Minimum receipt date of the lot.  Is there any option in IFS10 to do this type of operations? Currently user are free to select any lot to issue from stock. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

If you let IFS do the automatic material picking, IFS always picks according to FIFO (if set that way). However, I can procure what I want manually. If this is to be prevented, as far as I know, it can only be solved via a custom event that checks whether it still has older stock of the same part in stock and then does not allow the pick and aborts.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

If you let IFS do the automatic material picking, IFS always picks according to FIFO (if set that way). However, I can procure what I want manually. If this is to be prevented, as far as I know, it can only be solved via a custom event that checks whether it still has older stock of the same part in stock and then does not allow the pick and aborts.

Could you please share a screenshot or how to set automatic material picking in IFS10.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Depending on how it is set, you must first go via "Reserve" and then via "Issue" or you can go directly via "Issue":

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks a lot. We are using a customization window to issue goods. we are issuing against a requisition. Bye the way I think a custom event can be created to ensure FIFO method. Thanks