Solved

How to forbidden system cancel purchase order together when cancel a sub-contract operation in shop order?

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello all!  Sometime, some operations is sub-contract in our shop order, because we have no capacity. A purchase requisition will be created automatically When ‘Ship WIP to suppliers’. Then buyer release PR and ‘requisition to order’. 

But sometime, after done these actions, the planner find we have capacity to manufacture this operation in our workshop, don’t need sub-contract this time. Then planner user reverse WIP shipment. Then delete this operation. At the same time, the related purchase order is canceled also. But buyer don’t want planner have right to cancel purchase order line, because buyer need confirm the PO status with supplier first. Maybe the supplier has finish the production, the PO line can not be canceled.

My question is, how to forbidden planner user cancel PO line when he delete the sub-contract operation? The system just delete this operation. Don’t do anything on related purchase order line. The planner need inform buyer and then buyer do the action ‘cancel PO line’.

By the way, our IFS version is 8.

icon

Best answer by Bright Zhao 31 December 2021, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Bright Zhao ,

You’ll have to use a custom event with an event action to achieve this. Otherwise, you’ll have to revoke the permission to delete shop order operation lines from shop orders from the planner users (which is not viable, since planners need to have the ability to add/delete/modify SO operations as needed).

So, you can create a custom event to prevent the system to delete outside shop order operations, if the connected purchase order is not in Cancelled status. So, it ensures that the planner can only delete the outside operation, if the buyer first cancels the PO.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Bright Zhao ,

You’ll have to use a custom event with an event action to achieve this. Otherwise, you’ll have to revoke the permission to delete shop order operation lines from shop orders from the planner users (which is not viable, since planners need to have the ability to add/delete/modify SO operations as needed).

So, you can create a custom event to prevent the system to delete outside shop order operations, if the connected purchase order is not in Cancelled status. So, it ensures that the planner can only delete the outside operation, if the buyer first cancels the PO.

Thanks,

Thanks! Looks it can handle my problem even I don’t know how to configure event. I need to learn it first. Is there any instruction about it? There is no online help for function Events and Event Actions. It pop up error message as followed when I click Page Help. I don’t why there is no online help for most IT functions. No help for these function or it is just not installed/configuration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Bright Zhao 

The explanation for event actions should be found under this section of the IFS Documentation.

/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/320_events/default.htm

This is the Foundation documentation, if you receive the 404 error each time you try to access help in the IT area, it seems that it has not been loaded for your installation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Bright Zhao

The explanation for event actions should be found under this section of the IFS Documentation.

/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/320_events/default.htm

This is the Foundation documentation, if you receive the 404 error each time you try to access help in the IT area, it seems that it has not been loaded for your installation.

Thanks again!