Solved

how to define sample size per order lot size in control plan

• 21 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi 

We try to define inspection code per below list requirement per order lot size in control plan, it seems that it only can be defined as same sample size but not depend on order lot size, is it possible to make it happen and how to process?

Thanks for your help. 

Susan

icon

Best answer by AntOlivFr 30 January 2023, 14:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There are two ways to define the inspection sample size using the Inspection Codes. It is either a fixed value, or a percentage value of the shop order lot size:

Setting up a user-defined Lot Size / Sample Size matrix, as in your example, is not supported in the standard application.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response, do we have any other alternate solution to solve this issue? please advise. 

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you want to have the exact Lot Size / Sample Size matrix as in your example then you will have to do a customization. 

If you use Acceptance Sampling then the sample size will be calculated for every new shop order dynamically. The calculated sample size will depend on the Lot Size, but also on other parameters like the actual inspection results from previous inspections. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Susan Su , Peter is making a good point. However - whilst this solution will create more master data, it can be done. Control plans are attributed to the routing alternate.

You could have a control plan per routing, and utilise the lot size based routing functionality in the application. You could then use the fixed size, but against each of the alternates in the lot sized routing functionality.

Even with this in existence, however, a configuration might be a more pragmatic solution. I imagine a routing alternate for each of the lines in your example, for every part, might be unmanageable.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi AntOlivFr

Thanks for your proposal. 

Yes, the control plans are attributed to the routing alternate, but normally it is not possible to active many version/alternate of routing in practice . The shop order quantity depends on customer’s demand and can not be fixed. and fluctuation. 

The Acceptance sample function is not suitable for our company business which can not be used as well.

Can I suggest IFS to consider this requirement in the IFS further upgrade process to make it happen to meet customer need? 

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi AntOlivFr

Thanks for your proposal. 

Yes, the control plans are attributed to the routing alternate, but normally it is not possible to active many version/alternate of routing in practice . The shop order quantity depends on customer’s demand and can not be fixed. and fluctuation. 

The Acceptance sample function is not suitable for our company business which can not be used as well.

Can I suggest IFS to consider this requirement in the IFS further upgrade process to make it happen to meet customer need? 

Thanks

Susan

Hi, I can see the logic in what you are saying. However, if you choose to use the lot sized based routing alternate you can have as many live alternates as you like and IFS will select the appropriate one.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi AntOlivFr

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Does that mean if we have 5 levels of sample size matrix, we should set up 5 alternate routing and 5 control plan to match them, then after shop order lot size fall to that slot, IFS will pick up that control plan to analysis shop order? Am  I right?

But this approach will increase workload of at least 3~10 times for business daily operation, right?

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi AntOlivFr

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Does that mean if we have 5 levels of sample size matrix, we should set up 5 alternate routing and 5 control plan to match them, then after shop order lot size fall to that slot, IFS will pick up that control plan to analysis shop order? Am  I right?

But this approach will increase workload of at least 3~10 times for business daily operation, right?

Thanks

Susan

Hi Susan, yes you’ve understood me correctly. That is definitely the issue with doing it this way. If you have few parts, then it works. If you have many and a large sample size matrix I agree it is potentially unworkable.

The routings can be managed via templates but it does mean up-revising product has a greater impact.