Solved

How to change user's person

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

1. I create a new user. It is name PLN01 (Solution Manager→ Security->Users->Create User)
  2. Connect user to an existing person. (for example xxxx yyyy). And I set some privileges.
  3. One month later xxxx yyyy leave from company. I want to change person xxxx yyyy  to zzzz rrrr

How do I do item 3. (I can’t found)

icon

Best answer by MikeCH 23 January 2023, 12:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

You can change it on the person page. First you have to remove the user from the previous person and then you can reassign the user to the new person. However, the new person should also get a new user, shouldn't they? Therefore, the old user should be made inactive and a new active user for/with the new person should be created/linked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KamuranCanakli 

if a person leave the company, then you have to deactivate him/her and.

Because you can’t change a user id in IFS it is connected to other objects like customer order, purchase order etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
New users join us. I want to make the accounts of those who left passive and give new users position names that are not dependent on the person's name. For example, there will be IFS login users such as Fin01, Fin02, Fin03. I just want to change the employee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KamuranCanakli 

OK, I see.

Did you try this field in person?

Click there an try to change it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Then see the first part of my answer from before 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

You can change it on the person page. First you have to remove the user from the previous person and then you can reassign the user to the new person. However, the new person should also get a new user, shouldn't they? Therefore, the old user should be made inactive and a new active user for/with the new person should be created/linked?

But how do you remove/delete a user when it is in use or connected to objects?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

But how do you remove/delete a user when it is in use or connected to objects?

See the screenshot from @Link above

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you very much. I tried all and okey. I can do it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

That’s great @KamuranCanakli. Please change the status of your question to “Solved” 👍🏻

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Where can I “Solved” ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You have already solved it. :-)