Question

How assign a ressource type employee in a SO ?

Badge +2

In Cloud version, how can you assign a ressource type employee on a shop order operation ? i have 2 columns “Setup Assign” and “Run assign” equal to “No”’; i therefore beleive that it’s possible; but how ?

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

This should be possible from the Shop Floor work bench as below, by selecting the Operation in the Work bench.

The same option is available in the Shop Order Operations tab and also in the Shop Order Operations page.

Badge +2

What is your version ?; i don’t find these options in this version IFS Cloud 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What's the version you tried?

This is available from the first Cloud Version 21R1

Badge +2

here is the link i use : IFS Cloud

on shop order screen, i have these options

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please try a user with necessary access rights, like Application Owner or super user to see if the issue is related to the logged user. Where can I get the user and pw information for that Cloud DB in the Link?

Hope you can log in to the Work Bench using an Employee there and you can see the Shop Order operations there and perform tasks like Start Operation etc.

Badge +2

Yes in another database, it’s working

thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The option to assign employees/teams to an operation is available only if CBS/APB is disabled for the site.

If CBS/APB is used, you can instead use that to assigned Person resources to an operation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

The option to assign employees/teams to an operation is available only if CBS/APB is disabled for the site.

If CBS/APB is used, you can instead use that to assigned Person resources to an operation. 

Hi,

Do you know how to do it using APB? We recently switched but cannot find back how to assign employees using APB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee I will have to leave that to someone with better knowledge in APB.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

does anyone know how to do it?

Currently these are my steps:

1. Start APB
  2. Open the operation you want to assign a person to
  3. unschedule it
  4. Remove the constraint ( operation > show assignment > remove constraint  - RMB )
  5. Then drag and drop the new person
  6. Schedule and save back 

If we use this logic to change workcenters, it works. However, for persons, I see it in APB, but not in the the client itself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You should be able to see the assigned person on the Operations per CBS Resource page. Or in Shop Floor Workbench/CBS Resources tab.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks!

Going further on this topic: we indeed see the persons on the Operations per CBS Resource page. Also in Shop Floor Workbench/CBS Resources tab. All good.

However, if I tick the box ‘My assigned operations’, the page is blank. I do see myself being assigned in Operations per CBS Resource page and Shop Floor Workbench/CBS Resources tab.

Do you have an idea why nothing shows up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee  If the operation visible if you disable the My Assigned Operations option? I.e. does it fulfil the other filter criteria?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Thanks for thinking!

Yes it is. I can see the operation, but as soon as I tick the “My assigned operations”, its gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you are logged on to workbench as the same person as assigned to either the setup and/or runtime on the operation, and the operation fulfil the filter criteria, you should be able to see the operation with the My Assigned Operations option enabled. If it doesn’t work I suggest you raise a support ticket.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello @Björn Hultgren,

In the previous reply, what do you mean by “and the operation fulfil the filter criteria”? I am now in the same situation as @First Employee.

Thank you,

Alina

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

A shop floor filter used in shop floor workbench consists of a number of filter criteria like date interval, work center, labor class and status of operations. in addition the filter can be setup to only show operations assigned to the employee / team currently identified in workbench. With “and the operation fulfil the filter criteria” I mean the operation must not only be assigned to the identified employee but also all other filter criteria.