Solved

Help with offset in project tasks?

• 18 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

We have quite recently started with IFS and i am working with projects and tasks.

We use tasks to report project time on however we struggle a bit if for example the designer can start a few days earlier than what we agreed on, and want to register time ahead of the activity start. 

Can you somehow use the offset function but with a negative number? So we do not need to change the activity early start and change the Gantt schedule?

Appreciate all the help i can get.

/John

icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 22 May 2021, 12:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @john.eriksson 

It is not possible to use a negative value for offset and the task start date must be in between Activity early start date and Activity early finish date.

This is the standard functionality. 

Regards,

Naveena

Badge +2

Hi @Naveena Nanayakkara 

Thanks for your quick feedback!

Yes i have noticed that the standard funciionality does not allow you to have the task earlier than the activity. However would it be possible with a custom field or somehow override the activity start date for the tasks?

/John

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi John,
It seems this is not possible without a customization to the code. Custom fields/Events cannot be used on this specific requirement i.e. to override this core validation and report time earlier to the actity start date. As per intended function, it always check whether the tasks are within the activity period hence it is required to amend the start date in the activity.

Thanks,
Kasun