Question

Get Shop order number on customer order line

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, 

Is it possible to show/get the shop order number on to the customer order lines screen ?

I know I can get that by going into IMAP, but is there an API call or something by which I can show the shop order number on the customer order lines ?

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @geminirajesh 

You may use below methods.

Customer_Order_Shop_Order_API.Get_Shop_Order()

Customer_Order_Line_API.Get_Shop_Order_Info()

Above methods return Shop Order No, Release No, Sequence No as OUT parameters.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@geminirajesh,

If you want it as a custom field, you can do this:

Result:

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Randini,

I tried the below SQL query and got that invalid identifier error

select ifsapp.Customer_Order_Line_API.Get_Shop_Order_Info('N22-0225','1','1','0') from dual

Any idea how to use that API call ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @geminirajesh ,

1-You can try to get customer order no from DOP order first.

2- Then you can add a RMB click in customer order lines.

Finally you can go shop orders only related customer orders with RMB click.

Because a customer order line can have more than one shop order, so it may better to go shop order screen with RMB click I think.

Hope it helps

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Randini,

I tried the below SQL query and got that invalid identifier error

select ifsapp.Customer_Order_Line_API.Get_Shop_Order_Info('N22-0225','1','1','0') from dual

Any idea how to use that API call ?

Hi @geminirajesh 

These 2 methods are not functions which return a single value (actually these are procedures), hence you can’t use them inside a SELECT statement. I can see you are using PLSQL Developer, so you can follow these steps to test these procedures.

STEP 1: Right Mouse Button on the method name → Test
STEP 2: Enter Customer Order Line details and press Execute button
If using the other method

Hope above steps are clear.

However if you want to show the SO details in Customer Order Lines screen, you can introduce a custom field as suggested in the above comments.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Unfortunately my CO lines are not Project connected, so I guess that makes the above suggestions won’t work for me.

Is there any way to find the shop order numbers for the CO lines that are not project connected ?

P.S. I usually rely on Inventory part availability planning screen to get the shop order number, but that is a pain when the same part number is used in multiple CO lines.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @geminirajesh ,

There was no project connection in my suggestion.

When a customer order released you can create your shop order by using DOP header, If your inventory part supply type is DOP.

So you can connect your CO and SO by this way. If your CO and SO connected, you can create a Custom Field in shop order which summons the CO.

After that you can add a Custom menu in customer order lines, which lets you to go shop order screen as I explained before.

So one customer order line can lead you multiple shop orders by this way.

Hope it helps.

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ozgun,

My inventory part type is manufactured and I don’t see DOP in the Part type LoV

or am I looking at the wrong field ?

And I also looked at the DOP headers and I don’t see even a single record. I guess I’m not set up to use DOP 

Regards,

Rajesh.N

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @geminirajesh 

Try the steps suggested by @Hans Andersen above. There is no connection to the project or DOP. The Shop Order and Customer Order connection is stored in CUSTOMER_ORDER_SHOP_ORDER_TAB.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Randini,

When there is no project connection for the CO line, then there is no direct link between SO and CO

So, CUSTOMER_ORDER_SHOP_ORDER don’t have all the required CO and SO connections.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Good Morning @geminirajesh ,

If you didn’t use DOP header screen before, you may don’t need to use that screen.

So, I assume you are creating your shop orders by selecting “Shop Order” supply code in customer order line like below;

If yes, can you please kindly try below;

1-RMB click on the customer order line → create new menu

2- Select your action type = Create window transfer

select your destination window = frmShopOrd

In the key translation screen RMB click → select your source column as Order_no

then select your destination key name with RMB click as Order_No

3- Go back to Customer Order line RMB click → Custom objects → Reload Configuration.

Or you can log out and log in again.

4- You can find your custom menu in RMB like below;

5- Finally you can go to your Shop order with menu.

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ozgun,

Your method will work if the Supply code is Shop order, but unfortunately we use Invent Order as the Supply Code. :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @geminirajesh 

Can you please provide some screen pictures showing the connection between CO line and SO? How do you filter the correct SO from IPAP screen? These will be helpful in finding a solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Randini,

I RMB on the CO line and goto the IMAP screen like below.

In this case it is pretty straight forward that CO S1002539 has SO 16579 and S1002545 has S16850

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @geminirajesh 

Extremely sorry for the delay.

You may use the view ORDER_SUPPLY_DEMAND_EXT to get the Shop Order.

SELECT order_no from ORDER_SUPPLY_DEMAND_EXT

WHERE Order_Supply_Demand_Type_API.Encode(order_supply_demand_type) = '5'

AND part_no = <Part No in CO line>

Additionally you may need to give another condition like Due Date (date_required in ORDER_SUPPLY_DEMAND_EXT) which should be equal to the Planned Due Date of CO line. Or else you need to add other conditions as per your requirement to fetch the correct Shop Order.

If the query fulfills your requirement, you can use it in a custom field.