Solved

Export Gnatt Chart

• 31 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi 

I would like to export the project gnatt chart from IFS Apps 9 into Microsoft excel and modify certain details in this chart before sending to a customer. I have downloaded the add on’s from the add on screen in IFS but I am unsure of the next steps. Can anyone provide further information?

Thanks

John

icon

Best answer by Pradeep de Alwis 31 May 2021, 13:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @SVGJOHNSULL ,

To be clear, have you installed the Add-On for integration for MS Project with IFS?

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep, yes I believe so. I have taken a screen shot of the links which I have downloaded and attached them to this post. 

Regards

john

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi John,

Yes, that is the Microsoft Project (MSP) integration.
If you have installed it successfully, and you have a licensed version of MSP , you will see the Add-In available once you start MSP

What you need to do from there is to click on the “Connect to IFS” option and provide the URL to the Application Access Point of the IFS Apps instance you want to connect to (See my example below)

After that, you can use the “Import from IFS” button and chose any project that you have access to in IFS Apps (as per Project Access definitions) , and import that to MSP.

You can alter the project as you wish and then use the “Export to IFS” button to update the project with changes in IFS Apps.

You can also use whatever native functionality in MSP to extract the Gantt chart.

I hope that is useful.

Regards,

Pradeep

Thanks alot Pradeep.