Export Controll / Export licenses / Project-Deliverables

• 23 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, 

we have the following issue
Export Control does not take effect from the project navigator.

The setting to check export control in the project deliverables is missing in the basic export control data:

Although the item is set to Export Controlled, it does not appear in the Find and Connect Export Licenses overview when a shipping item is created for it from the project:

Shipping can be completed even though no license has been connected, as set in the main article: 

How can this be set up correctly?
Thanks and BR
Susanne

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Peshala Fernando @Tharindu Illangasinghe,
Could you please help out on the above or tag who could answer out on this.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Susanne,

As per my Understanding this seems to be as designed behavior of the system. As you see below there is no any available system parameter for Projects Deliverables.

Regards,

Peshala.

Badge +1

Hi @Peshala Fernando ,

I´m the consultant for thes customer, who needs the exportcontrol in the Projects Deliverables.

Do you know another customer or consultant who has already solved the problem differently or had the problem already with another customer? I need urgent help here or at least a tip how I could solve it differently, that the items from the Project Delivables are controlled and can not be shipped if the main item has been activated as exportcontroled?

Thank you for your held.

Regards,

Marina

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Susanne,

As per my Understanding this seems to be as designed behavior of the system. As you see below there is no any available system parameter for Projects Deliverables.

Regards,

Peshala.

Hello Peshala,

I represent the customer in the above mentioned case. The missing export control functionality within the project and project deliverable is a significant functional GAP I would expext to see in this module. It is not comprehensible how the argument to use the project and project deliverable modules for large and/or complex projects coincides with missing functionality to ensure compliance regarding export control. I might say that I envy any company that has such projects while at the same time their business is fully domestic but I think that most companies will have a certain export business and require this functionality.

Are there any plans to adress this in future releases?

Best regards

Christian

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the Insight. It would be great if you can post the requirement as an Idea in Community where RnD will review and take into considerations in future developments.

Regards,

Peshala.