Question

Error in Copy Project Functionality

• 21 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

In standard IFS 10 Functionality of Copy project, I use source project with a Delivery project and have defined a site as well. However, if my destination project does not have a site defined, I cannot proceed.

Why default site is not fetching here?

If I select copy Delivery Project, you will ended up with following error. To correct this, I have move back to the previous and select the source project site from the list or move out and define a site and redo the same process.

This is not a user friendly behaviour and expect default site to be fetch by default. Any standard patch available? 

Please note this can be recreated only if you select Copy Delivery project in step  2/4. It is because site is mandatory for delivery project. 

BR,

Thushan.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello Thushan,

This functionality is still same in latest core application too and no patches. I agree that it would have been better to highlight all the Mandatory fields or fetch by default at the relevant page before we submit last to avoid extra efforts.

Next IFS RnD to investigate the possibility if reported in a case.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

HI @ProThushA 

Please check Project master, Default Site should be defined there to get auto while copy project.

Path: Project Management>Plan and Execute>Project

Once you defined by default site here, it will get auto while copy project.

Regards,

Akki

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Thushan,

the issue is already reported to the RnD Project Team. They will have a look at it.

Regards,

Christiane