Engineering Structure Detailed Transfer

• 5 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 44 replies

Hi All,

I have been testing the Detailed Transfer functionality, but am not able to add any new parts.

I can delete parts and change quantity, but not add parts.

Are there any other prerequisites to enable this functionality, what am I overlooking?!

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks,

Wade

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Wade,

As you can see here, I was able to do this in APP10 without any problems:

What is different with you?

Regards,
Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the reply Mike!

As per what I was expecting to see that wasn’t there, we are definitely not seeing the green plus icon!

Strange that I can delete and change the quantity but not add.

I will have to raise a ticket to get this looked into :)

Cheers,

Wade

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

No problem 👍🏻

Can you write the answer from support here? Then the community can see what the reason was.

Thanks,
Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ConMan Please check the value of the “Eng Action” field. It is not possible to add new component if the “Eng Action = Review Existing” but since you are reviewing, the business logic allows you to change the Qty per Assembly value and removing components. You can add component as @MikeCH pointed out when the “Eng Action = New Parent”. Hope this answer helps you.

thanks, Buddhika Kurera (IFS)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the reply Buddhika!

Does this mean the “New Parent” option is only available when you create the first revision from a new Engineering Part, but not if you up-rev an EPR?

Thanks for your help.

Wade

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ConMan In the other revisions also if you add a new part to the structure in EPR, it will show up in the Engineering Structure Transfer Graphic as “Eng Action = New Parent” (if it has a structure) otherwise “New Component”. Then you can add an inventory parts accordingly. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Buddhika Kurera,

Thank you for this clarification with the field Eng Action. But how are the four possible values "New Parent", "New Component", "Review Existing" and "No Action" determined? And do I have a possibility to change them somewhere (e.g. in the Eng Part Navigator)?

Thanks, Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@MikeCH This field is read-only. The values are determined based on changes for the new revision, compared to the previous revision. If there are new parts in the new revision, the value could be "New Parent" or "New Component", if there are changes (new parts/ qtys etc) it can be "Review Existing" or if there is no change it is set to “No Action”. This basically gives you an understanding what has been changed in the new revision of EPR. Before the detailed transfer to Manufacturing side, it can be reviewed and do the adjustments using inventory parts if required.