Question

Engineering Parts and its field Revision, RevNo

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello, it’s possible to set field RevNo for the first default value “0” in application or I need a customization?

Insert Engineering Parts, first Revision

I found the artical with info about IFS/Manufacturing Standards and there is the sentence: “ This is the number that designates a current or past version of a part or assembly. If IFS/Manufacturing Standards is not installed, the Part Revision value is set to 1. If IFS/Manufacturing Standards is installed, the value is retrieved from the Revision No field on the Manufacturing Standards/Part Revision and Attributes/Part Revision window.

, BUT I didn’t find it in my app. I don’t belive that I don’t have everything instal in my app IFS CLOUD.

How to edit "Revision No" field | IFS Community

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@InfTomaPr The answer is no and this is updated by the application. 

Revision Number Maximum indicates the created number of revision for this part. If the part has 3 revisions the number is 3. Once a new Engineering Part is created the value of this filed is 1. When a revision is created the values is increased by 1.

There is no field called Revision No in this overview but it can be found in the Engineering Part (Engineering Part Navigator). That is also not editable.

Hope this helps !