Solved

Enacting MRP Proposals

Badge +3

Hi, I am using Aurena, after running MRP I have a lot of Purchased parts that Need Orders, I can only enact these proposals one at a time, is there a way to select all and enact all?

Thanks

Paul

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 11 June 2021, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Do you have purchase requisitions for these items?

If you do, you should be able to transact the requisitions as a group for each supplier.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

Once you run MRP, it will generate purchase requisitions for all demands of purchased parts. Assuming  you meant by "”Enact"” is to release the PR's, its possible to get them from "”Purchase Requisitions” Overview client and select them RMB-Release.Let me know if this helps.

BR

Anju

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

From any table/list page in Aurena, use the checkbox column header to select all records and then you can act on these records. Also, in any table/list page you can select one record and then use Ctrl+select on the last record in the range to select a range of records and then you can act on them.

Badge +3

Do you have purchase requisitions for these items?

If you do, you should be able to transact the requisitions as a group for each supplier.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. No I don’t have PRs for them I am in the MRP Action Proposal screen and want to select all lines the “Need Orders” and thereby creating the requisitions. 

Badge +3

Hi,

Once you run MRP, it will generate purchase requisitions for all demands of purchased parts. Assuming  you meant by "”Enact"” is to release the PR's, its possible to get them from "”Purchase Requisitions” Overview client and select them RMB-Release.Let me know if this helps.

BR

Anju

Hi Anju,

MRP run is generating Proposals, I can only select one line at a time, then click on Follow Up, to generate the PR. But if I select more than one line the Follow Up button isn’t there

BR

Paul

Badge +3

From any table/list page in Aurena, use the checkbox column header to select all records and then you can act on these records. Also, in any table/list page you can select one record and then use Ctrl+select on the last record in the range to select a range of records and then you can act on them.

Thanks Matt.

I am at the stage before this MRP Action Proposals

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

When you select Follow Up for a purchased part with a Need Orders message, what page does this take you to? I would expect it to take you to the Purchase Requisition Lines page, but you have not provided the setup on your inventory part. Selecting ‘Follow Up’ is not creating the PR, it is simply navigating to the PR.

1. If the part type is Purchased, and the supply type is Requisition then the follow up option should display the Purchase Requisition Lines window. Only the purchase requisition lines that are in the Planned status will be displayed.
  2. If the part type is Purchased, and the supply type is Schedule, then the follow up option should display the Supplier Schedule Lines window. Only the supplier schedule lines which are in the Entered status will be displayed.
Badge +3

Hi Matt,

The part type is Purchased, with supply type Requisition the follow up option displays the Purchase Requisition line. I then Release the Purchase Requisition and convert to Purchase Order then I have to go back to MRP Action Proposals and do the same with the next line, even if it is from the same supplier. I am expecting to be able to select all lines that “ Need Orders” and convert them to Purchase Requisition lines, and that the lines that are from the same supplier will all appear on one Requisition. 

For each line I “Follow up” I get a separate requisition line, on  a separate Requisition, resulting in individual Purchase Orders.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Many Planners ignore the message ‘Need Orders’ if MRP is generating the requisitions. I will have requisitions because I need purchase orders.

MRP will create a requisition per part, with all the demand for that part on multiple lines on the requisition, not all parts per Supplier on one requisition.

That being said, I recommend operating at the PR Lines page and searching for parts by Supplier/Wanted Receipt Date/Planner/Buyer/etc., whatever criteria you wish, and putting all the lines you need on one PO. Selecting ‘Follow Up’ in the Proposals page is not creating the PR, it is simply navigating to the PR that MRP generated.

Note the multiple PR numbers for the multiple parts for one supplier going to one PO below.

Badge +3

Thanks Matt, 

My misunderstanding I hadn’t realised that the PR lines are already created. I will give that a try.

Thanks for your help :)