Question

DOP Netting when the Supply Type is requisition

• 31 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In a "manufactured" DOP structure, when the "manufactured" DOP structure is released, a Production Order with the status "planned" is created. If a component in the DOP structure is in MRP procurement, the IFS will create a reservation for that component if it is available in stock and the DOP structure is in automatic netting.

At the time of the release of the OF, it will reserve the components of the Production Order, taking over the stock reservations that are on the DOP structure.
But the reservation rules are not respected. The postponement of this reservation does not use the rules of the reservation that is made manually on the Production Order.

How is the reservation (DOP Netting) done on the DOP, and why does it not use the reservation rules like the Production Order?

Test steps:
- Create a Manufacturing part and a Purchased part
- Manufacturing part--> Default supply type= DOP
- Purchased part--> Default supply type= Requisition
- Go to the Inventory part screen of the purchased part> Manufacturing tab> Reserve/Issue from= Only Floo Stock
- Receive stocks of the Purchased part to a Picking location
- Create a DOP Header for the Manuf part> Create Structure
- Go to the DOP order of the Purch part> Enable 'Auto Netting' and Select 'Inventory' as the nettng supply
- Release the DOP order of the Purch part> A supply is created from 'Inventory Reservations'
- Release the shop order of the Manuf part> A reservation is made from the picking location

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would strongly suggest that you set MRP planned components with DOP Netting = No Netting on the inventory part. Then you would reserve these components are normal on the shop order following the normal shop order reservation rules.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear Björn

when you release the DOP the rules of reservation is the DOP reservation rules, and not shop order reservations rules.  The inventory part is with DOP Netting =  No Netting, that do not change the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You can set the component  Netting = Not Netting  and 'Create Pegged = No Pegged Orders   and it is look fine, or better.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Where can you set Create Pegged = No Pegged Orders? I can’t seem to find out where that information is held

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@matthunter a DOP order will be created with Create Pegged = No Pegged Orders if the Default Supply Type = DOP on the Inventory Part Planning.

It can be manually overridden per DOP order. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Björn Hultgren 

Thanks for the quick reply,

We typically use MRP to drive demand for parts. If I don’t want to have Purchase Requisitions made for each line item, how would I set that up? Ideally, I’d like to have every purchase part be set up to have No Pegged Orders, I’m just trying to figure out where and how to do that. However I would like each MFG shop orders be created if inventory can supply it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Actually @Björn Hultgren I figured it out myself.

For those reading this thread, I had the DOP Header Structure Depth point to only DOP Parts, instead of Full Level. I had to set up each assembly to a DOP sourced item and it worked.