Solved

Does not use manufacturing cost template

• 12 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I have a manufactured part for which I get this error message when creating a shop order.

We are on apps 9. We use estimated material cost for all our manufactured parts. There’s an estimated material cost in the Inventory Part>Costs tab. The product structure is set to buildable, there’s only one structure, all components have costs.

These are our Part Costs for this part.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers !

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 12 July 2021, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You would need to have Cost Set 2 calculated and copied to Cost Set 1 to get the template to change to the manufacturing version.  I can’t explain how CS1 ended up with the purchased template.  I suspect when the part was first created it was set to purchased first for a time before being changed to manufactured.  After switching to manufactured, the costing calculation and copy would fix CS1.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Matthew,

Interesting to see that your Cost Set 1 has template P-110. Haven’t you copied Cost Set 2 to Cost Set 1?

Best Regards,

Pradeep

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Mbourret ,

That error is coming because you have the purchasing cost template (which does not include machine and labour cost elements/buckets) in the part’s cost set 01. This can be resolved by copying cost set 2 to the cost set 1.

I think, even though you are manufacturing the part, you may have defined the inventory part as Purchased, and you have created a Manufacturing type product structure and a routing for the part, which is the solution for companies who have parts which are being both manufactured and purchased at the same time.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks guys, I’ve copied cost set 2 to cost set 1 and it worked.

Cheers !