Question

do not backflush operational materials

• 24 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

In my product structure, there are some components connected to the first routing operation. 

As the first step automatic reservation will be done. Next step should be  manual issue. 

(backflush not allowed) In case if user forgot to do manual issue, and  he or she tries to report the operation, then I expect an error message saying that sufficient operational materials are not issued. 

I have used following settings, but still I don't get an error message, system backflush operational materials. I want to stop backflush.

Settings on the Work center of the operation:

Note: Operational materials  are not available in the inbound location that I have defined here. According to  the setting, backflush is not  allowed outside of the  defined inbound location. Which means, system should raise  an error.

Anyway above settings do not give me the expected result. Can you please help. 

(note: this is IFS cloud 22R1)

Thank you. 

kind regards,

Yashodha. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

With this work center settings the automatic reservation process will allow to reserve also from inventory locations other than the specified inbound locations.

Since the material is reserved, backflush will allow to issue the reserved stock records. If you would not have reserved the material, the backflush would have been restricted to the specified inbound locations.

What is the purpose of first running an automatic reservation, and then want to make a manual issue? The manual issue will also be restricted to issue the stock records that was reserved during the automatic reservation process.