Solved

Default Sort For Users

• 2 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am just getting into IFS and I am wondering if there is a way to make the default sort for users on specific pages/tables like Inventory Transaction History set to newest to oldest. Currently it shows the olded data at the top which isn’t really useful. If I could set it to default with the newest data at the top it would be ideal. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Shan Peiris 8 March 2022, 05:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You will find very quickly that all of your user searches have no pattern that defines whether they really want oldest to newest or newest to oldest.  Each user will be different and each search will be to solve a different problem or answer a different question.  Changing the sort for that particular view is dependent on which field you want to sort on.  If a user wants to always open a view to the same sort order on the same field every time, the best way to accomplish this is to create a saved search with the parameters needed and use that to open the view rather than the bare view itself.  It actually saves steps because it doesn’t require open, search, enter parameters, run search.  Just click on the link.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The Sort By drop down at the bottom of the Search Window can be set and will always default to this for subsequent searches until you change it. You can then toggle between Ascending/Descending.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @craryit 

You can use Sort by option to sort records by Specific key as follows

or You can click Advanced and use multiple keys to Sort Ascending and Descending as follows

​​​​​​​

Hope this may Help

Thanks & Regards
​​​​​​​Shan