Question

Counting into stock a serial object that issued to Closed Shop Order

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there an work around step that we can do to count back in to inventory of a SN object and not have to create a new SN* object?

I believe the reason for our stockroom doing this is due to the time lapse where shop floor held part that was needing rework for month then closed out the shop order.  Which in turn make it difficult for us to move that SN part.  

Any thoughts? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is there an work around step that we can do to count back in to inventory of a SN object and not have to create a new SN* object?

I believe the reason for our stockroom doing this is due to the time lapse where shop floor held part that was needing rework for month then closed out the shop order.  Which in turn make it difficult for us to move that SN part.  

Any thoughts? 

If the reason why you cannot re-count it back in is because the serial number already exists in IFS you could consider relaxing the rule on the Master Part record?

I hope i have understood you correctly, if I have I think this will work..

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

I am new to this company and their processes but as of now there is no good work around in my opinion.  Serial numbers are restrictive if not properly tracked I agree but we can’t “ relax” the master part which I assume is to uncheck it as Serial part? Due to the old serial number being in position of “Contained” we have to make an IFS transaction of some sort. Does IFS not allow any flexibility  after the Serial number is closed on a Shop Order?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I ahve just done some digging on the system - it is not possible to re-create a serial number so I think you will not be able to resolve this easily.

The other option is to re-open the shop order, but this will change the dates on postings so discuss with finance before you do that.

If you re-open the shop order that is OK but you will need information on which serial number actually went into the shop order.

IFS is quite locked down with serial numbers (as you would normally want)