Solved

Contexts - can they be duplicated

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I am using Contexts in Aurena and using Context mapping by user groups (all working well in UPD10) HOWEVER what I would like to know is does anyone know how to duplicate a context.   Reason being - I have created a context for Frontline but I have 3 user groups that need to use this context and context mapping will not allow me to assign more then one user group (unless I’m doing that wrong as well) and I don’t want to have to do all the page updates in each new context.

Hope this makes sense and somebody has an answer.  :-)

icon

Best answer by anmise 29 April 2021, 20:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I am using Contexts in Aurena and using Context mapping by user groups (all working well in UPD10) HOWEVER what I would like to know is does anyone know how to duplicate a context.   Reason being - I have created a context for Frontline but I have 3 user groups that need to use this context and context mapping will not allow me to assign more then one user group (unless I’m doing that wrong as well) and I don’t want to have to do all the page updates in each new context.

Hope this makes sense and somebody has an answer.  :-)

There’s no way to duplicate a context, but you can map the context to multiple user groups using the OR operator.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

So in my case if I’m using two usergroups it would look like this  - does it not need single quotes anywhere

(USERGROUP=FRONTLINE SALES OR FRONTLINE - REGIONAL)

Userlevel 7

So in my case if I’m using two usergroups it would look like this  - does it not need single quotes anywhere

(USERGROUP=FRONTLINE SALES OR FRONTLINE - REGIONAL)

Yes, but if those are your contexts you need to use quotation marks.

(USERGROUP="FRONTLINE SALES" OR "FRONTLINE - REGIONAL" )

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Awesome - that worked - thanks so much