Solved

Confirm Part Number with Control Plan check

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello,

I am attempting to use a Manufacturing Control Plan to allow an associate to record a Part Number etching on a part we produce. However, the part make contain alphabet and numerical i.e. - 12345ACRev2. Essentially, I would like to have the employee record the part number that was etched in a control plan analysis and have that checked against the value on the CP. I was using variable and setting the outer min, nominal, and outer max to the part number. This was working. However, it does not appear to accept letters. I am hoping there is another way to achieve this in IFS (IFS Apps 10 UDP 15). Any guidance would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by dameenda 26 October 2023, 19:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please Try using Categorical Data, entering characters for Specification limits for Variable Data has been restricted recently.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@dameenda How would you be able to configure Categorical to indicate the value entered is not conforming. As an example, if the part number etching is 12345A and you define that in Categorical. How would you define non conforming, as any value other than 12345A would be a failure.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi This is not the best, but feels like the only option available at the moment.

Seems it is required to have the other possible values entered.

Or something like this

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@dameenda Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up just using the single conforming item. I found that when the associate entered the wrong information, that would stop them. So, they are not able to complete the inspection. This achieves the stoppage of work we are looking for when the wrong etching is displayed on the tool. Thank you for the suggestion.