Question

Complete Where Used vs. Products Per Component

• 12 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

I have a raw material (DUP-BATCHCOMP-1) used in multiple finished goods. The Complete Where Used is shown below.

When I look at Products Per Component, though, the intermediate level parts DUP-4000-A and DUP-5000-A are listed. Why are these listed as the other three -A parts shown in the tree above are not listed?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Matt,

The model is not waterproof. It relies on that you have calculated cost in a cost set and copied into cost set 1. So… the model is using the Part Cost Tree information. Let say you performed a full cost calculation on MW1 and then later you calculated your sub-assemblies DUP400-A and DUP500-A. Then also these two guys will be detected as Products (“end items in the database”) After that you copied costs to cost set one. I am not saying you did those steps in your case, but it could be a possible scenario.

We at RnD could try to make this more robust, but it is not a quick fix on top of my head.

If you have the opportunity,  please check if you can recalculate all your parts  on site MW1 and then copy this into cost set one and then re-populate the screen. Does it help?

Thanks

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again,

Also the Component Summarized Where Used page are using the Part Cost Tree view, and cost set 1 data.

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Matt,

The model is not waterproof. It relies on that you have calculated cost in a cost set and copied into cost set 1. So… the model is using the Part Cost Tree information. Let say you performed a full cost calculation on MW1 and then later you calculated your sub-assemblies DUP400-A and DUP500-A. Then also these two guys will be detected as Products (“end items in the database”) After that you copied costs to cost set one. I am not saying you did those steps in your case, but it could be a possible scenario.

We at RnD could try to make this more robust, but it is not a quick fix on top of my head.

If you have the opportunity,  please check if you can recalculate all your parts  on site MW1 and then copy this into cost set one and then re-populate the screen. Does it help?

Thanks

-Mats

I assigned a Part Cost Group to all the parts displayed in the Complete Where Used tree. I changed the cost of the raw material (DUP-BATCHCOMP-1) from 0.01 to 0.02 then calculated all parts cost set 2 for this cost group and copied to cost set 1 for this cost group.

Looking at Products per Component, I see the same records as before. For some reason, though, the Calculation Date for the records corresponding to the two products in question (-4000-A, -5000-A) do not show as today.