Solved

CO deleting is possible even existing dependencies with approvals

• 4 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Test Steps:
Go to  Engineering > PDM > Change management > Change Order
Search for any CO with Pending Approvals (In attachment tab you can see approval process: Attachment below).

To check Further Go to Engineering > PDM > Approvals
And search for not approved line using search conditions ( CO & Group ID: Attachment below).

Now Go to previous CO window and try to delete the CO with pending approvals, it is possible even with pending dependencies. This behavior is not acceptable. 

In my opinion system should show an error message that CO cant be deleted because dependencies are existing on the CO.
I tried on TQA but there is a proper popup message to that scenario and operation been cancelled.
No customizations involved and the code base are same noticed that after investigating.

Symptom: I have debugged the process and identified OBJ_CONN_DELETE getting False.

Appreciate if any suggestions to overcome the issue.

icon

Best answer by Malmee Amunugama 7 June 2021, 04:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Thilan Lasitha ,

The error is raised because of the system parameter “Delete Object Connections when Objects are Deleted” is ON. You can change the setting as “ON” from below window then you should be able to overcome the issue.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Thilan,

As per the symptom that you have identified it seems like one of the System Parameter has turned off by the user.  Please follow the below process to Enable it again.  
1. Log on to the IFS Application 

2. Navigate to Navigation Pane and Search for ‘System Parameters’ 
3. Navigate to Category System Settings and Search for Parameter ‘Delete Object Connections when Parent Objects are Deleted’ turn Value On and Save. 

Hope this answer your query.