Question

Changing inventory Parts from PMRP to standard Planned

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am helping one of our sites clean up information and during the pandemic they made the decision to make more parts PMRP planned, now that lead times are not as long, we would like to revert parts back to standard planned on the part.

I have been able to test out breaking the connection on Purchase Orders and Shop Orders that have been created. We have Projects that are showing PMRP Planned demand, and when I flip the requisition to an order the connection is still there.

Is there a way to break that connection on projects for parts that have been switched back to standard planned?  

There are numerous parts that need to be flipped that have future demand, we don't want to create issues down the road for parts that are connected to project that shouldn’t be. And would like to do one clean up not multiple.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Awagner  I believe 1st you need to cancel the demand from the projects. Then you could run PMRP again and it should remove the PMRP Planned Demand and the Pur Req / Shop Ord Req created to fulfill the project demand.

Then you can run MRP and you will get Pur Req and Shop Order Req based on the existing demand from customer orders / shop orders

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Awagner  I believe 1st you need to cancel the demand from the projects. Then you could run PMRP again and it should remove the PMRP Planned Demand and the Pur Req / Shop Ord Req created to fulfill the project demand.

Then you can run MRP and you will get Pur Req and Shop Order Req based on the existing demand from customer orders / shop orders

When you say cancel the demand from the projects what do you mean exactly? Our demand comes from a customer order line, and an unable to just disconnect that demand from the project since the order is released. I would hate to have to go through the process of cancelling the lines and re-adding them.