Solved

Change part type from Manufactured to Manufactured Recipe

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have a customer attempting to change existing parts with Part Type Manufactured to Manufactured Recipe.  Whatever we try, we get an error “The state of this parts structure prevents the structure from being converted”.  We tried setting the Structure to Obsolete, putting in Phase Out Dates, making a new Rev with a structure Tentative, nothing works.  Is it possible to do this, hoping we are missing the right steps/process to allow this to happen.  We can’t delete the Product Structure header as it has been made Buildable.  They are in Apps 10.

icon

Best answer by jon.beimborn 16 February 2024, 16:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@jon.beimborn When there is a Buildable structure connected to a Manufactured part, it is not possible to change the Part Type of the inventory part.

Unless, the Alternate structure(s) is in one of the following states

'Tentative', 'Cancelled', 'Plannable'

What you are trying to do is impossible because when an alternate is made buildable the only possible next state is Obsolete.

If this is required to change, assuming the product structure was not used, IMO, a data correction is required after obsoleting the product structure. Probably this is the only way but subject to feasibility.

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for the response Buddhika, however after further experimenting I found it is possible to do this.  Here is a summary of the steps involved.  What sparked this for me, I recalled the process to change a part from Purchased to Purchased Raw, as long as the structure is Tentative, you can delete the Structure header, then part can be changed from Purchased to Purchased Raw.  For a Manufactured Part with a Buildable Structure, I found if I made new Revision, then deleted the Product Structure header for it, also phase out the previous rev’s and make the alternate Obsolete I could change it to Manufactured Recipe.  Summary of steps that worked:

• Create a new Rev for the part, then delete the Structure header for that rev. 
  • Put phase out dates on the previous rev, set it’s Alternate to status Obsolete.  
  • Go to Inventory Part and change Part Type to Manufactured Recipe, this creates a new Manufactured Recipe header for the new Rev
  • Add the recipe components and make it Buildable