Build Structure for all Parts

• 13 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 544 replies

Community, 

Wondering you have experience using “Build Structure for all Parts” this RMB function in Receive Shop Order window. see the screenshot attached.

I have a parent part, and its components are all serial controlled. if the shop order lot size is more than 1, wondering how system control the parent - child relationship, how the as-build structure is built.

for example, if lot size is 2, I reserved the parent part serial no S1, S2, meantime, I reserve the kids C1 and C2(assume we have only one kid and assembly qty is 1 also) serial no to the material line and issue to the material line.

when doing shop order receipt, can I adjust the parent - kids relationship? for example, I can adjust S1 - C2, S2-C1 or S1-C1, S2-C2.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 15 November 2022, 08:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You basically have two options:

1. Let the system create the structure, and use this as an assembly instruction
    1. Enable Auto Build Tracked Structure on the site
    2. Print the Reserved Serial Structure report, or view the generated structure from the Tracked Structure tab in Shop Floor Workbench or Shop Order Tracked Structure (Shop Order As-Build) page as an assembly instruction.
  2. Assemble as you want, and manually define how the structure was assembled
    1. Disable Auto Build Tracked Structure on the site
    2. Link components to their correct parent from the Tracked Structure tab in Shop Floor Workbench or Shop Order Tracked Structure (Shop Order As-Build). In IFS Cloud 21R2 and onwards you can also use the Add Tracked Structure Component by Barcode assistant which allows you to scan the barcode of the parent and then the component to link them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for the instruction.
when letting system auto build the structure, wondering what the logic behind it. is it first in first serve? for example, parent serial S200 if registered at first, all issued material will meet this parent part S200 first before the next parent part serial S100 has been registered?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu Not sure about the logic, but I would assume that if you reserve parent serial numbers S1 and S2, and the reserve/issue component serials C1 and C2, the logic would link S1 with C1 and S2 with C2.