Solved

Auto Report Operations - Over Reporting Functionality

• 19 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hi All,

I’ve come across some unexpected behaviour when I over report on a shop order. I’m on Cloud R23R1.

In my scenario, I do not know the exact qty for the shop order,  so I capacity plan using a best estimate. If production goes well, there is a possibility I may need to over-report. I am receiving in the finished product 1 at a time and backflushing the material & auto reporting the operations.

The material side works well, as I’ve ticked the “issue overreported Qty” on the components. On the operations, Over Reporting is set to “Allowed”. On the site settings I have Auto Close Shop Orders set to off.

However if I have a Shop order for 10, as soon as I receive in the 10th part,  while the Shop Order stays open, the operations on the Shop Order get automatically closed. When I receive in the 11th Part, the part is received & the additional material is issued, but no operation reports/transactions are created.

There’s no warning message when I click receive and select auto report operations that this situation will happen. Is there any setting that I’m missing?

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 19 April 2024, 14:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In 23R2 you must remember to disable the Close Operation toggle when reporting on an operation which has already met its planned quantity

However, I’m happy to inform you that in 24R1 release a new setting on the Work Center has been introduced called Auto Close Operations. If this is cleared, the operation will stay open until you actively closes it.

Badge +5

Thanks @Björn Hultgren 

As I’m simply Autoreporting the operations when I receive, I’m not using Shop Floor work bench unfortunately, so I don’t think there is any way I can select this from the receive screen?

But excellent to know this will be solved by the Work Center setting in 24R1! Thank you!