Question

Aurena advanced search across multiple LUs

• 12 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In EE, I have commonly deployed advanced saved searches to query across two separate LUs. For example…

To search for all Inventory Parts of type “Manufactured” for which Serial Tracking is enabled on the corresponding Master Part record, we would use a SQL advanced search on the Inventory Parts screen, as follows…

TYPE_CODE = 'Manufactured' and Part_No in (select Part_No from &AO.PART_CATALOG where RECEIPT_ISSUE_SERIAL_TRACK_DB = 'TRUE')

Is it possible to perform an equivalent search via the advanced search feature in Aurena?

Copy and pasting the same SQL doesn’t work, as it seems Aurena search seems to require Projection names rather than View names, but after I edited the search term to try accommodate that, Aurena still didn’t accept it. I’m not sure if the issue is with the nested select statement (or maybe it just doesn’t like the “in” operator)?

Any advice would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @RobinHunter

Due to an implementation constraint SQL is not possible to use with the Aurena advanced search. 

Best Regards,
Dinari 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi @RobinHunter

Due to an implementation constraint SQL is not possible to use with the Aurena advanced search. 

Best Regards,
Dinari 

That is very disappointing to hear.  This functionality is used prolifically in our solution by users and super-users to enable them to manage processes and businesses.  It seems a significant downgrade then to use Aurena when there are so many useful and even vital features of IEE that have just been removed.  Makes it really hard to justify an upgrade to users and management when I have to explain that there job becomes harder, not easier.  What is the proposed alternative?  Just saying it isn’t possible isn’t really acceptable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @RobinHunter,

This will be considered in future releases as we have already requested this feature through IdeaWall.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could it be an option to add the attribute you want to search for as a custom field in this page? I.e., in the attached example, add the serial tracking in for from Master Part in Inventory Part as a custom field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Could it be an option to add the attribute you want to search for as a custom field in this page? I.e., in the attached example, add the serial tracking in for from Master Part in Inventory Part as a custom field. 

It is possible to do so but the performance will be bad if you have many inventory parts or if many users are using it frequently.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @RobinHunter

Best Regards,
Dinari 

That is very disappointing to hear.  This functionality is used prolifically in our solution by users and super-users to enable them to manage processes and businesses.  It seems a significant downgrade then to use Aurena when there are so many useful and even vital features of IEE that have just been removed.  Makes it really hard to justify an upgrade to users and management when I have to explain that there job becomes harder, not easier.  What is the proposed alternative?  Just saying it isn’t possible isn’t really acceptable.

I’m going to have the same challenge when it’s time to upgrade. Totally agree that not being able to work across LU/Views is unacceptable. Making the jump from 2004 to Apps 8 was a positive UI change, this forced move to Aurena doesn’t seem as positive.