Solved

APB and fixed shop order or operations

• 10 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Is it possible in finitely limited resources to firm/fix up shop orders and or operations so that APB plans around the firmed operations without moving the firmed/fixed ones?

And if not, is there a workaround here

icon

Best answer by Lakshan Thiranagama 10 October 2023, 10:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi BytAlberG,

Firm/fix up shop orders can also be considered as Released Shop Orders. So after setting the firm orders as released, then User can use specific filtering options given in APB change schedule dialog. When you uncheck the Released objects options APB will not reschedule the Released Operations and they will not move.

Thanks!

Lakshan

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Lakshan,

thank you for speedy answer.

I also thougth that this is the only way to fix, but i hoped it exist a precise and granular function
for explicit fixing.

BR,
Alberto

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Alberto,

In new IFS finite scheduling solution MSO (Manufacturing Scheduling & Optimization) user will get this specific state called ‘Fixed’ where Users can set from Smart Manufacturing Planning Board (SMPB). This state will maintain the Resource and time assignment as fixed. That would be a precise and granular function that you expect for explicit fixing. You can test this from IFS Cloud 23R1 release onwards.

Thanks!
Lakshan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Lakshan Thiranagama 

We are discussing the move to MSO in our environment. We do have APB, but the last I used was 10 years ago in an implementation. I believe APB might have improved since.

In your opinion, what are the pro’s and con’s of using MSO vs APB apart from the price point? We are after least amount of manual intervention with scheduling to reduce the admin time - so I reckon MSO is better in this perspective as I believe it can do automatic optimization in the background? Could APB come close if we automate the loading and scheduling, say, each day at 8am? How is the general feel for the user with MSO as opposed to APB?

Cheers mate

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

we got last month from the german product managers an overview about MSO and we are realy disillusioned. We think actualy APB has more functions as MSO. But the hope dies at last.

Our customers are working with special third party tools APS like Dualis or Etagis  before they come to IFS and know the state of art and we have to implement low level solution with apb or mso. it isnt nice

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Asanka, 

There is a fundamental difference between APB and MSO as you know,  APB is a rule based engine while MSO is optimization engine. Of course the Automatic mode , the reschedule happens with triggers ( meaning any changes happening in the factory flow which needs rescheduling. ). MSO is  IFS’s fully cloud supported finite scheduling engine using PSO as the scheduling service. First we need to understand what customer wants to  achieve with finite scheduling and I think we can go from there.  There are materials available in IFS Academy, release notes and click learn material. Starting from CBS APB windows dependency, being rule based  and so on, MSO has many advantages over APB./Saman