Solved

Analysis Time Trigger issues

• 22 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Currently, we have our Control Plans for Manufacturing setup for 1hr interval time triggers. I’m finding that this may cause more harm than good. I’ve been experimenting over the last few days, and it seems that time triggers will continue to run, even if there is no associate clocked into the Shop Order. An instance of this would be an associate completing the Setup step. The Op status will change to Partially Reported, and the time trigger will continue to run and generate Analysis every hour. It appears the only way to stop this behavior is to select Interrupted. If an associate has selected Start Production, and then stopped production with the status Partially Reported, the time trigger appears to stop.

If my understanding is correct, this is simply how time triggers behave. I believe this may cause issues with generation of Analysis when associates would not be expecting to see them. Given that a Shop Order cannot be completed/closed without all Planned Analysis Cancelled or Completed, I see this as a potential disruption to the shop floor. 

Now I’m considering moving to manual generation of Analysis to avoid potentially being unable to close numerous Shop Orders if time triggers are generated throughout a shift. Is my understanding of Time Triggers correct? Once a Shop Order is started, triggers will continue to generate analysis on the set time interval while in setup until the SO is moved to production or set to interrupted? When production is started, the trigger will only stop when production is stopped, interrupted or completed?

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 28 July 2020, 18:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - We have moved away from using time triggers and will manually generate all Analysis checks in IFS.