Question

Advance planning board

• 19 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

I have an example where APB seams to be ignoring supply .

Having Part 1425517 pm actuator as a component below changes the planned finished date from October to the following February this is despite pegging to supply due in October (so 3582).

There is also ample resource capacity in oct/nov to manufacture both.

All parts supply are inventory, 

Parts are Finite scheduled.

No other demand for part 1425517 exists. 

No condition code.

No location restrictions.

Result with pm actuator as component

Result Without pm actuator as component

I understand that the Feb. date is using the inventory part lead time but i would of thought that actual supply would be taken into account.

All help very welcome as this has got me scratching my head.

Thanks 

Ian

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Update on this , These results were got from running the automatic scheduling at the load screen

If i Schedule using the same parameters within APB i get different results again. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • if part 1425517 set up as Sche capacity  = Infinite capacity  resolve the issue?

•  If it has a lead time , with zero stocks, and with the setting  Sche Capacity = finite capacity then this could be due to that 
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for your reply

You are correct in that the part is Finite with a lead time  and zero stock.

This leads me to the next issues of why it would schedule using a Leadtime and not use the supply ?

Is it possibly for ABP to use supply rather than lead time on a finite scheduled part?

Ian

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

There are 3 options we you know

Infinite/Finite/Always finite

Infinite : no restrictions on stock or lead time

Finite: Operation can start after Leadtime is elapsed   ( if there is no projected supply  to fulfil the full demand of the operation )

Always finite: There should be enough projected supply to fulfil the operation’s material demand to schedule the operation ( open orders, available stock will take in to consideration ) 

Hope this helps

/Saman

Badge +5

Any updates on this topic? I have a similar case with some specific Part Numbers as well...

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi 

I guss The “ finite capacity option do consider open supplies. else it is a bug “

//Finite: Operation can start after Leadtime is elapsed   ( if there is no projected supply  to fulfil the full demand of the operation )//