Question

Time Clock Error When Clocking In

• 28 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

One of my customer is receiving and error when they try to use the Time Clock. The error message they receive is below:

Here is the full details:

Server error messages:

7cc9744a-1057-4d61-86d0-0c30f22c1c74

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("POWE1APP"."TIMREP_TRANSACTION_TAB"."TRANS_ID")

Null value not allowed. (ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("POWE1APP"."TIMREP_TRANSACTION_TAB"."TRANS_ID")

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.TIMREP_TRANSACTION_API", line 2375

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.TIMREP_TRANSACTION_API", line 2464

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.TIMREP_TRANSACTION_API", line 2490

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.TIMREP_TRANSACTION_API", line 2025

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.TIMREP_TRANSACTION_API", line 2043

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.CREATE_STAMPS_API", line 230

ORA-06512: at "POWE1APP.CREATE_STAMPS_API", line 294

ORA-06512: at line 13)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Ifs.Application.TimeClockServices.TimeClockGeneral.InvokeServercall(FndPLSQLSelectCommand& cmd)

This worked fine in their Apps 9 environment but we are having issue with it in Apps 10. We have run the debug console and checked that all the API that it was calling were granted. We also made sure the API in the message above was granted but it didn’t solve the issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can’t seem to understand what could be causing this in Apps 10.

Thank you,

Nik Kumar 

3 replies

Badge +2

Just to add to this- We get the same error when we try to manually insert clockings on the “Clockings” tab on Time Card-Day

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’m not familiar with this problem and this is a longshot from my side.

cannot insert NULL into ("POWE1APP"."TIMREP_TRANSACTION_TAB"."TRANS_ID" rings a bell to me that the trans_id is not in place, not available or maybe a sequence (in the Oracle database) is not available.

Does it happen for other persons as well? Did it work? Is there maybe something on the security settings with regards to the New__ function?

Was this issue solved?

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @NIKKUMAR03 ,

Kindly report a case to IFS Support, this issue has been fixed in IFSAPP10 through bug fix - 156302

Once this bug fix is applied this issue will be resolved 

:relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi