Solved

When a user runs a Business Reporter report via Order Reports not data is being displayed

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If the report is ran by the report designer or logged in as IFSAPP the BR report displays figures.

We have checked that the report has been granted to the appropriate permission set.

When the user orders the report using Order Reports the report is processed and a message is displayed prompted whether or not you wish to view the report.   On viewing the report no data is being displayed.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by RutJWhalen 8 June 2021, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Can there be a row level security on the objects that you are selecting from? Something not allowing that person to see the data. Or maybe they are not connected properly to company, or site, or some other configuration to give them access.

Which views are you trying to select from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ola.nissen Thank you for your pointers.

I have been through the debug and tried running each query in SQL logged in as my user and as ifsapp.

I have found that the following FACT_GL_BAL_SET_ANALYSIS returns data for IFSAPP but when I carry out a select on the same ZERO rows are returned.

The Information Source has Has Security Filter checked. and the FACT_GL_BAL_SET_ANALYS_DM has been granted to the permission set attached to my user.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

John 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@johnw66 ,

Do you also have access from a functional point of view to the company/ companies used in the company.?

If you think it is a permission issue, and you have permissions granted to FACT_GL_BAL_SET_ANALYS_DM , I assumed you have already queried for data in the FACT_GL_BAL_SET_ANALYS_DM and have come across similar results?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ola.nissen 

Ola, I have managed to resolve the issue by debugging the report and reviewing each of the SQL statements.  I narrowed down the issue to 2 FACT Information Sources that had the Has Security Filter checked.  By adding my user to the Information Source Full Access

Without checking any of the boxes in the section below.

The report then successfully ran and produced data when logged in as my user.

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Pradeep de Alwis  Thank you for your input.   Yes I ran SELECTS both as my user and IFSAPP,   

As IFSAPP multiple rows were returned whereas logged in as my user no rows were returned.

All resolved now.

Thank you  to both @Pradeep de Alwis  and @ola.nissen for you time and pointers.