Solved

SENDING THE REPORT (WITH TRIGGER) AS MAIL

• 20 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,
I need help with a topic .  

I want it to automatically email the print order work copy report when I issue the purchase order(when i release).
This e-mail address will vary according to the supplier e-mail.
Note: I am currently doing these operations manually. I want to automate this. I want to do this on the custom event screen

best regards

Mervan 

icon

Best answer by AHMET.GULTEKIN 18 February 2022, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When you print the purchase order, use a Report rule to automate sending emails to the supplier.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@mabalk 

Thank you for your answer. I don't know how. Can you explain? is there any help document?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Mervan ,

Below community topic discuss the same requirement achieved using IFS events. Hope it will be useful for you

Automate Purchase Order PDF Email | IFS Community

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Please see the apps10 technical documentation page for instructions on configuring a report rule.
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If you choose an email defined contact as supplier contact and enable WHEN_PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. Then “Email Purchase Order” option on RMB will be available, then the rest of the work is configuring the event action for your needs.

Badge +8

Hi @Mervan ,

Did you automate the mail?I have to do the same thing in another window. Can you give your comments?

Thanks and regards,

Saradha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @LevSupunS,

Can you give detail about the process, you would like to achieve.

BR,

Ahmet

Badge +8

Hi @AHMET.GULTEKIN ,

The problem is when the customer has to return items to the supplier, they want to send an email automatically to the supplier without doing the RMB -->Print supplier Returns option.

Do you have any idea how to do that one with custom events or other functions(Ex: report Rule)? i tried it using create a custom event but no idea to create an event action

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @LevSupunS,

Report rule gets to the stage after running the report, as far as I understood your want to send it automatically without user intervention. One thing you can try is, using an sql block custom event action to generate the report and send it to no_print logical printer with a defined layout.(you will need plsql coidng, debug the print dialog operations, that helps much ) After you have your report generated as pdf, you can use the when_pdf_created custom event to send it to the right person.

For the second part of the process you can check IFS customer order confirmation or purchase order reports in documentation site, there are examples about how to configure automatic mailing scenarios of them. 

I hope that helps,

KR,

Ahmet