Question

Report Format & Output Email Failing to send

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Emailed PDF for MRB case failing to send for some Users. Can’t determine why some users are able to receive emailed PDF while others cannot. Attached is the window in particular. There are, of course, workarounds, however, this window in saves users time and is a logical step. Any ideas? Note: I’ve left email-to-field the blank for the sake of the example.  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Please check the following,

1. Check if the email that is shown in the “Address:” box is correct and is a valid email address
  2. If you press “OK” or select a logical printer and print then, verify the print job that is created is in “Completed” state. Note, print jobs are not crated when you print to a physical printer.
  3. Go to Solution Manger > Integration > IFS Connect > Explore Applications Messages > OUT1 and check if the application message to send the email is in “Finished” state. If there is an error it will show here.

If all of these are correct, then it can be an issue in the out going mail server where it blocks the email for some reason. It can also be a receivers mail server blocking the email. Also, this maybe a stupid suggestion but there were incidents like it before :) try the junk folder. Maybe the email has gone there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@ChanakaAmarasekara Thanks for the notes. Found the error. Have you seen the attached before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

It says “Invalid Addresses” so it mean the email address is wrong or the mail server is having trouble sending it or blocking it. I think this is outside of IFS and you need to verify with the IT department.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@ChanakaAmarasekara Speaking to our Service Desk, once we narrow down the exact cause, I’ll reply. Thanks again for the feedback as it was the best place to start!