Solved

Quick Report Error when an IFS USER Log in with another language

• 12 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Comminity,

I found a very strange error today. We are currently using IFS 9.

1- When the user log in using English language the Quick Report can run normally.

2- When the user log in using French language the Quick Report generated an Error.

Screenshot Error

Error Log

Messages d'erreur du serveur :

0db87c89-3718-4b71-b829-87a67a0cec77

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-00972: l'identificateur est trop long

Failed executing statement (ORA-00972: l'identificateur est trop long

ORA-06512: à ligne 12)

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync)

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

à Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)

à Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 13 May 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

My guess is that this is caused by either a faulty or missing translation. Given that it happens when not using English. Have you tested it with another language as well (if you have more)?

I think that you should register it as a bug so that support can look into it properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

Seems the issue is related to the data in the report.

It tries to assign some data in to a report field and  exceeded the length of a variable.

To identify the exact erroneous filed, we need to debug the code. By debugging the database code we can simply identify the cause for the error.

So best way is log a support case. Then Support can attend to it.

Best Regards

-Kelum

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

Seems the issue is related to the data in the report.

It tries to assign some data in to a report field and  exceeded the length of a variable.

To identify the exact erroneous filed, we need to debug the code. By debugging the database code we can simply identify the cause for the error.

So best way is log a support case. Then Support can attend to it.

Best Regards

-Kelum

@Kelum Niranjana  The code runs ok when the user log-in using English language

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 
It could be. When trying another language, the erroneous variable may not be able to get the corresponding value. (Translation length may differ in Enlish and French)

Could you please send a case to Support?

Best Regards

-Kelum

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

What is the NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle database?

If it is not UTF-8, If you can change it to UTF-8 would you still get an error?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo

I have more or less the same problem. When I log-in in English the quick report is runing without any error. When I log-in German and run the Quick Report I got a Error, that It not possible to write in the Quick Report Log.

I can close the Error Window and I have the data, but no entry in the Quick Report Log. It also happens when I log-in French. I got it also with other Quick Report, when I log-in with another language as English.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@andjor What I did to fix the issue was to check these questions. Both questions are the ones selected from me as the best answer.

What is the NLS_LANG environment variable for the Oracle database?
If it is not UTF-8, would you still get an error if you can change it to UTF-8?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Dale58 

Check this in your Oracle DB

What is the NLS_LANG environment variable for the Oracle database?If it is not UTF-8, If you can change it to UTF-8 would you still get an error?