Solved

Power Bi Infomation sources

• 30 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 9 replies

Hello community,

In Power BI in the cube IFS_Sales I cannot see the fields Coordinator and Parallel Currency, those fields are in the dimensions Campaign and Company of FACT_CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINES and FACT_CUSTOMER_ORDER_CHARGE (Information sources)

So why can not see them in Power BI? but  for e.g in Business reporter I can. Are we not taking the information from the same source?

Thanks and best regards,

icon

Best answer by subashfestus 2 May 2024, 10:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Any 

The Business reporter tool directly work with the fact/dimension metadata in the IFS application and it will show all the fields of facts and dimensions.

But in the case of Tabular models only some generic subset is exposed. If you want to expose more field then you have to do a configuration to get those fields into the tabular model.

Parallel Currency field is there in the DIM_COMPANY but I don’t see Coordinator in DIM_CAMPAIGN.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/050_reporting/600_analysis_models/080_customconfig/

Go through above documentation and you can find info about modifying the models.

In high level,

• Modify the _TM view of the dimension data source and add the column(s) you need.
  • Modify the Tabular model tables and add the columns you need.
  • Deploy the views to SQL Server DB.
  • Deploy the tabular model
  • Run data load.
  • Process model.
Badge +5

Hi @subashfestus 

Thank you so much for your response. In this case we are working with App10, so the modification of the _TM must be directly in SQL server DB right?

The field coordinator, I can see it in BR inside DIM_Campaign (FACT_CUSTOMER_ORDER_CHARGE)

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Any ,

Sorry I thought this is an IFS Cloud question.

In apps 10 things gets bit complicated because there we don’t have cube configuring support using the application.

There are no _TM in apps10 solution. There are IFSappl_XX, Dw_XXX, Dm_XXX tables and SSIS packages to move data between them. Then there is another SSAS project for the cube. All those has to be changed using SSDT or visual studio if you want to do a column addition like this. 

Badge +5

ok thanks for your support @subashfestus 

Best regards,