Question

Move a field in Report Designer 21.1.1.0

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I am trying to move a field in report designer. I am using the alt key to move it like the documentation says but either it won’t move or i make the cell bigger. Is there any easy way to move a field. We have hidden a few fields to make more room and now would like to move the fields over. This reporting tool is very frustrating. Any help would be great.

Cheers

Maggie

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sometimes its easier to work with the layout tree on the left side then doing things directly in layout.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Sometimes when you have overlay of items it’s hard to select. Try, selecting the item you want and cut (RMB item) and paste. If you are moving a cell make sure you highlight the cell, if it’s a table make sure the table is selected.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

I guess it’s this text you are referring to in the Report Designer User Guide:

Fields placed in the layout can be moved from one location to another. Use the ALT key and mouse drag option to drag and drop a field to a different location in the layout. Note that fields cannot be moved to locations that are not supported. For instance a field in a detail table cannot be moved to it's master table or repeating data cannot be moved to static sections of the page and so on.

I actually never got this to work myself so would like to know how to do it or if it’s something outdated in the documentation. 

I always select the cell and cut and paste into another cell as Chanaka suggested. 

BR
Johan