Skip to main content
Question

"Maximum number of rows to retrieve during statement execution" has been reached.

• 3 June 2024
  • 2 replies

HI IFS Community,

Could you help me with the following problem?

I created a BR report with one Design Row. When I run the report, I get an error message: "Maximum number of rows to retrieve during statement execution" has been reached. The parameter "Maximum number of rows to retrieve during statement execution" is set to 65,000.

The report fetches data from a Quick Information Source, which contains much more than 65,000 records. To solve this problem, I split the records in the Quick Information Source into two sets. For one set, the DESIGN_ROW_NO column has a value of 1, and for the other set, it has a value of 2. Each set of records contains fewer than 65,000 records.

In the report, instead of one Design Row, I created two Design Rows. One shows records that meet the condition DESIGN_ROW_NO = 1, and the other shows records that meet the condition DESIGN_ROW_NO = 2. But when I run the report, I still get the error message: "Maximum number of rows to retrieve during statement execution" has been reached.

On the Debug/Data Set Info tab, it shows that for the first Design Row, there is a condition QFACT_EQUIPMENTTECHSPEC.DESIGN_ROW_NO = 1, and for the second row, there is a condition QFACT_EQUIPMENTTECHSPEC.DESIGN_ROW_NO = 2. But then there is a section:
Compressed Sets:1 of 2
Compressed to: 1(4)

and there is a condition:

QFACT_EQUIPMENTTECHSPEC.DESIGN_ROW_NO IN 1,2

It looks that the system is combining these two queries into one. 
My question is: Is there any way to block this so that the system does not combine these two queries into one?

Best regards,

Adam

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Adam Mazurczak 

Combining queries is implemented to improve performance on the server side when fetching data from the server. Blocking this is not an option as it could lead to performance issues in fetching data from the server.
You can resolve this issue by slightly modifying the Maximum number of rows to retrieve during statement execution parameter. Extensively modifying the parameter could lead to performance issues.

If you think the report renders an extensive amount of data and the performance is not accepted, it is better to redesign the report to render the data in two or more small reports rather than one large report.

Thank You
Best Regards
Shenali

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @shwiclk 

Thank you for the response. 
Unfortunately, I am afraid that a slight increase in the parameter value will not be sufficient. 
The report should show around 4.5 million records (260,000 rows * 18 columns). 
I planned to create around 70 Design rows in the report, so that each would show approximately 65,000 records. 
Do you know what the maximum value for the parameter "Max Number of rows to retrive ..." might be? 
Do you know any other way to solve this problem without creating many smaller reports?

Best regards,

Adam