Solved

Import Information Source IFS Apps 10

• 17 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

There is an option already to export information source as .ins file. But I couldn’t find any option to import that file into same or another environment. 

I’m very grateful if anyone have idea for that.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by SandT 17 October 2023, 15:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @TopDeepaW,

If you have all the connected dimension in the target environment, by deploying that exported “.ins” file in underline database you will be able to restore the same in the target environment.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @SandT ,

Thank you for the answer. Kindly let me know the steps for the import/restore process?

Best Regards,

Deepal

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @TopDeepaW ,

My suggestion is to get support from a developer who has access to the database and deploy the file in the database.

Is it a standard information source? if so what is the reason that you want to import it on another environment?

Please note that all the custom attributes and custom dimension connections can be exported and imported from IEE itself instead of move entire information source.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

HI @SandT ,

I’m not developer but I can access database as well as PL/SQL developer. So, if you know the process, I can try it.

The source is slandered one called GL Balance. The reason to restore is I had to deleted it by mistake.

Thank You.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @TopDeepaW ,

Please try following steps and the check the information source window.

1. Open PL/SQL Developer
  2. File → Open → SQL Script
  3. Select the Exported “MetaData_GenledBIFactGlBalance.ins” file. (if it is invisible please choose file type as All Files”)
  4. Execute
  5. Commit
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @SandT,

I followed your instructions and now can see GL Balance source in Information source window. But it is not appearing while selecting the source in IFS Business Reporter. Do you have any idea for this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @TopDeepaW,

Sorry, just saw your comment. Were you able to fix the issue? or is it still available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @TopDeepaW ,

Please try following steps and the check the information source window.

1. Open PL/SQL Developer
  2. File → Open → SQL Script
  3. Select the Exported “MetaData_GenledBIFactGlBalance.ins” file. (if it is invisible please choose file type as All Files”)
  4. Execute
  5. Commit

Hi @SandT 

do I need the IFSAPP user for importing of information sources via PL/SQL Developer?

Thank you.