Question

IFS Business Reporter connectivity with Application 9

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 42 replies

Hi all,

I want to connect IFS Business Reporter with IFS Application 9 environment , Kindly guide

Regards

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH,

Hope you have downloaded the IFS BR add-on. You can provide the application access point of your App9 environment as follows.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Bhagya Wickramasinghe,

I have change the environment and tried to connect 

But i am greeting following error.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH,

Can you access the application point from a browser? 

If yes, try to launch the IEE and check whether it’s loading.

BR,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes i am to load IEE its working fine if i try to connect any another Ifs Application 10 its works but when i will try to connect with Ifs Application 9 there it shows the error.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH,

I think you have currently installed the IFS App 10 BR client version in your machine. 

You can check the version by navigating to the control panel, locating program “IFS Business Reporter”.

If the version is 3.X.X or 4.X.X then it’s of APP 9 track. If it’s 5.X.X then it’s of APP 10 track.

You can download the respective BR client version for the App9 track (first uninstall the other version), by navigating to the “Add-ons” section in the access point.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

From where i can get IFS Business Reporter MSI Installer version is 3.X.X  of APP9. Yes current installed version is 5.0.17

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH ,

As far as I can remember in App9, only the clickonce option is available.

BR,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am not able to install the add-on

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You can find below the detail of error

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.22000.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    clr.dll             : 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    dfdll.dll             : 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.22000.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.application

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.application, Version=4.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=808e25c729d14931, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Downloading file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/Application Files/Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0/Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest did not succeed.
        + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Application Files\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest'.
        + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Application Files\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [29/08/2022 11:07:57 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.application has started.
    * [29/08/2022 11:07:57 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [29/08/2022 11:07:57 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [29/08/2022 11:07:57 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
        - Downloading file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/Application Files/Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0/Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest did not succeed.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
            at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Application Files\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest'.
        - Source: System
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Net.WebException
        - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Application Files\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation_4_0_8_0\Ifs.Application.PreClickOnceInstallation.exe.manifest'.
        - Source: System
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
            at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
        - Source: mscorlib
        - Stack trace:
            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
            at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
            at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
            at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
            at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH,

Open the access point link in internet explorer and try.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks i am able to install IFS Business Analytic.

But now the real part comes i want to use IFS Business Reporter of App10 as a base software and link it with App9 environment instead of IFS business Analytic.

Need Your input on it

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @WSHAH,

I don’t think it’s possible. Due to the version mistmatch in the business reporter.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

It is not possible to connect to Apps 9 environment from a IFS Business Reporter App10 version. 

That configuration is not supported. 

Could you please mention why you need to connect to Apps 9 environment from Apps 10 Business Reporter client?

Best regards

Voshitha