Question

How do you default list view and table view columns

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

How do I set the default columns that user sees when they create a Purchase Requisition, and add Part Lines. 

I want a field that is not in the default selection to be visible for input for ALL users by default. If they choose to overwrite and hide, fine, but by default I want it there to revert back to. 

4 replies

Badge

Once you change to table view in a form, this can be set against your profile, so the next time you enter this screen it will be in table view rather than list view. I am not aware of a general setting to make all forms default to table view.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I do not want it to remember whether it is a list or table view that was viewed. 

When the user first visits the page, the list and tables have a default selection of columns visible. How do I set a custom field or another field to be visible in that default list of columns?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If this was in Enterprise Explorer you could just edit the relevant base profile directly but that isn’t possible in Aurena. We got around the Aurena issue by doing the following:
- Clear your personal profile
- Log into Aurena & use the Page Designer to reconfigure the page as required (show/hide fields, change view type etc.)
- Log out of Aurena to save the changes to your personal profile
- Log into Enterprise Explorer, view your personal profile & locate the configuration
- Copy the configuration to the relevant base profile & remove any values in users’ personal profiles

Maybe not the best solution but it worked for us.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Once you change to table view in a form, this can be set against your profile, so the next time you enter this screen it will be in table view rather than list view. I am not aware of a general setting to make all forms default to table view.

Yes. There is no general setting to make all forms default to “Table View”.