Solved

Filter in Business Reporter after the repeater

• 14 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Experts

i have created a Report of fix Assets object Transactions.

Now i have objects (rows) where the total value of the obect at the starting periods are 0. That means the total of the object transactions equals 0

Is there a Solution or workarround how to filter these Rows from the report automatically?

I tried to preset a filter in the design but it didnt work. The filter gets deleted as soon as you run the report

I also tried to add a advanced filter on the repeater and also on the field

icon

Best answer by 12Guide_PaulB 14 October 2022, 13:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

If I'm correct, you do have 1 or more transactions related to the object, but you don’t want to see the objects where the sum of the transaction values is zero.

You cannot manage that with the filter options in IFS Business Reporter. Based on your design, SQL query statements are prepared and filter criteria are applied in the where clause of those queries. The repeater items result in a group by clause. What you are asking for is to apply the filter criteria in the having clause of that query and that is not supported by IFS Business Reporter.

To surpress those rows, you will have to use Excel features. E.g. fetch transactions on one sheet and build a pivot table on another to show the results. You can apply filters in the pivot table. Using pivots in IFS Business Reporter is supported but not straight forward. The online documentation describes how to do it.

Best regards, Paul Beekmans

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

If I'm correct, you do have 1 or more transactions related to the object, but you don’t want to see the objects where the sum of the transaction values is zero.

You cannot manage that with the filter options in IFS Business Reporter. Based on your design, SQL query statements are prepared and filter criteria are applied in the where clause of those queries. The repeater items result in a group by clause. What you are asking for is to apply the filter criteria in the having clause of that query and that is not supported by IFS Business Reporter.

To surpress those rows, you will have to use Excel features. E.g. fetch transactions on one sheet and build a pivot table on another to show the results. You can apply filters in the pivot table. Using pivots in IFS Business Reporter is supported but not straight forward. The online documentation describes how to do it.

Best regards, Paul Beekmans

Hi Paul

Perfect thanks for the answer. 

Best Regards

Sophal

Badge +3

Just wondering where the “online documentation” is for creating pivot tables ?  Cheers Melissa

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Melissa,

You can find it when you search on pivot in online documentation :).

Badge +3

Thankyou :) :) :)